Our new Buy Local Auburn system pulls the most up to date real time information available from the City’s business license data. If a business license has not been renewed or has a license issued it will not show up in a search.
Click here to begin a business license renewal and update business information in the Buy Local database.
All businesses have the option to login to their account and describe what they sell or services offered. We encourage all businesses to take advantage of this so they will have a better chance of being found in a search.
If you need help with setting up your account or help with applying for a new City of Auburn business license please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does Buy Local Auburn benefit me as a business owner?
The initiative will make your business easier to find. We have already connected local vendors to local manufacturers who had been importing supplies from overseas at much higher costs. Auburn residents have also connected to local retail, food and beverage services they had previously been driving far out of town to enjoy.
- Is this free advertising for my business?
Yes. The City of Auburn is investing in your success.
- Why is the City of Auburn doing this?
To create a win: win for all residents and businesses in Auburn. This means generating sales for local business owners, as well as additional sales tax which the City will use to fund projects in our community.
- How does my business appear on the website? What information is shown?
The website is populated from our business license registration database. It includes all active and current businesses who have paid their business license renewal fees for the current year. The information provided to the public includes your business name, address and a link to Google Maps.
- How do I provide more detail in addition to what automatically shows up?
Login with your business license number and add everything from hours of operation, to contact names (sales people – not owners please!) and emails to a detailed description featuring keywords that describe your business. See screenshots below for details.
- Why do I have to create an account?
Creating an account not only allows you to update your business information at any time, but more importantly is a much faster way to renew your business license in the future.
- What words should I use to describe my business?
Keywords – like if you sell seafood but your name is Joe’s Burgers, then include seafood in your description so you pop up when a resident searches for seafood. If your business name doesn’t describe what you do – like “George’s Press Shop” does Printing – include keywords like printing in your description.
- What if I need help to create an online account or to choose keywords for my description?
We are happy to help!
– 9am-5pm Monday-Friday at email@example.com
– Attend our free business classes at your Auburn Business Incubator Center at ipzauburn.com/incubator/
- Are contractors pulled into the Buy Local website?
Yes if they have a business license that is active & current with the City of Auburn.
- Are licenses that have not been renewed displayed on the Buy Local site?
No, they are NOT shown.
- Is the site only featuring active and approved businesses? What if a business is under “review” – will they still show in the Buy Local site?
Active & approved businesses are shown. Temporary licenses are also shown since they have been approved by licensing.